- Drain the cooling system.
Remove the upper radiator hose, clamp bolt and clamps
- Remove the upper radiator hose.
- Remove the water bypass hose via the clamps.
- Remove the thermostat housing and the bolts.
Do not reuse hose clamps. Make sure new hose clamps are seated correctly.
Make sure the thermostat housing and mating surface are clean of dirt and old silicone.
Apply a 0.079-0.118 inch (2.0-3.0mm) bead of Silicone Gasket and Sealant F7AZ-19554-EA or equivalent meeting Ford specifications to the mounting surface of the water pump.
Replace the thermostat housing and the bolts.
- Replace the water bypass hose via the clamps.
- Replace the upper radiator hose.
- Replace the upper radiator hose clamp bolt and clamps
- Refill the cooling system.