- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the four screws from the center console compartment and remove the compartment.
- Remove the two screws from both the driver's side and passenger's side lower instrument panel center covers and remove the covers.
- If equipped, remove the three electronic door lock control processor nuts and position the control processor aside.
- Using a screwdriver, pry back the metal retainer on the anti-lock brake control module electrical harness connector and disconnect the connector and position the harness aside.
- Disconnect the remaining electrical connectors from the anti-lock brake control module and position them aside.
- Remove the three anti-lock brake control module screws and remove the module.
- The installation is the reverse of removal.
On 1999-00 vehicles, the ABS control module is part of the hydraulic anti-lock actuator assembly, and must be replaced as a unit. Please refer to Hydraulic Anti-Lock Actuator Assembly, Removal and Installation for the procedure.