Side door removal requires the aid of an assistant. A floorjack padded with shop rags and/or a block of wood may be used to help support the door during removal and installation.
- Remove the body side door trim panel.
- If the door is going to be reinstalled, mark the door around the hinges to ease installation.
- Support the door and remove the two rear hinge bolts.
- Remove the three lower hinge bolts.
- Remove the two upper hinge bolts and remove the door from the vehicle.
- The installation is the reverse of removal, but please note the following important steps.
- Adjust the door if needed.
- When installing the upper hinge bolts, tighten them to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
- When installing the lower and rear hinge bolts, tighten them to 15-20 ft. lbs. (21-26 Nm).
- Determine which hinge bolts must be loosened to move the door in the desired direction.
- Loosen the hinge bolts enough to permit movement of the door with a padded pry bar.
- Move the door the estimated necessary distance. Tighten the upper hinge bolts to 44 inch lbs. (5 Nm) and the lower and rear hinge bolts to 15-20 ft. lbs. (21-26 Nm). Check the door fit to make sure there is no binding or interference.
- Repeat the operation until desired fit is obtained.