Removal & Installation
To help avoid personal injury, due to a retained load on the brake modulator, the Gear Tension Relief function of the scan tool must be performed prior to removal of the ABS brake modulator assembly.
- Use the Scan Tool in order to perform the Gear Tension Relief Sequence.
- Disconnect the 2 electrical connectors of the brake solenoid valve.
- Disconnect the electrical connector of the Brake Motor Pack.
- Place a shop towel beneath the hydraulic modulator brake pipes in order to prevent brake fluid from contaminating the motor pack or the electrical connectors.
- Disconnect the brake pipes from the hydraulic modulator. Note the positions of the brake pipes.
- Plug the brake pipes in order to prevent loss or in order to prevent contamination of the brake fluid.
Remove the 3 nuts and the hydraulic modulator/motor pack assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the hydraulic modulator assembly into the vehicle.
- Install the hydraulic modulator assembly to the bracket mounting nuts and tighten to 48 inch lbs. (5.5 Nm).
- Connect the brake pipes to the hydraulic modulator and tighten the tube nuts to 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm).
- Connect the electrical connector of the Brake Motor Pack.
- Connect the 2 electrical connectors of the brake solenoid valve.
- Bleed the system.
- Perform the Diagnostic System Check - ABS.
Refer to the procedures under Electronic Brake Control Module.