Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Negative battery cable
- Clean the flywheel mating surfaces of all oil, grease and metal deposits.
- Check the diaphragm spring and pressure plate for wear or damage. If the spring or plate is excessively worn, replace the clutch cover assembly.
- Check the pilot bearing for smooth operation. If the bearing does not spin freely, replace it.
- Inspect the disc, pressure plate and flywheel for damage and wear using a caliper to measure depth and width and a dial indicator to measure run-out.
- The minimum clutch disc rivet head depth: 0.02 in. (0.5mm).
- The maximum clutch disc run-out: 0.031 in. (0.8mm).
- The maximum pressure plate spring depth: 0.024 in. (0.6mm).
- The maximum pressure plate spring width: 0.197 in. (5.0mm).
- The maximum flywheel run-out: 0.004 in. (0.1mm).
- When reassembling, apply a thin coating of multi-purpose grease to the release bearing hub and release fork contact points. Also, pack the groove inside the clutch hub with multi-purpose grease and lubricate the pivot points of the release fork.
Install or connect the following:
Clutch disc and clutch cover
- Adjust the clutch cable, if needed.