Remove the parking brake lever trim bezel.
- Loosen or tighten the locknut (3) until the parking brake is applied with 3 to 6 clicks and 20 kg (44 lb) of force.
- Install the parking brake lever trim bezel.
- Before you adjust the park brake, ensure that the drum brake adjustment is within specifications.
Pull the park brake lever all the way up. Count the number of clicks. Adjust the parking brake if you hear less than 4 clicks or more than 7 clicks.
- Remove the rear center console.
- Loosen the upper park brake front cable nut.
- Turn the lower park brake front cable nut until the park brake travel is correct. Tighten the upper park brake front cable nut to 48 inch lbs. (5.4 Nm).
- Install the rear center console.