Mazda Miata 1990-1997
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the bottom steering column cover.
- Locate and unplug the blue and orange connector. Protect this connector from accidental electrical contact, including static electricity.
- The air bag is now disarmed and the battery can be connected to perform electrical testing on other systems.
- When ready to reconnect the air bag; disconnect the battery, connect the air bag connector, install the cover or panel and make sure no one is in the vehicle when connecting the battery.