A common reservoir is used for the clutch and the brake system fluid. The level of fluid in the reservoir must be maintained between the MIN/MAX level during air bleeding.
- Drain the fluid from the master cylinder through a wheel cylinder.
- Remove the bleeder cap from the clutch release cylinder and attach a hose to the bleeder plug.
- Place the other end of the hose into a clear container.
- Slowly pump the clutch pedal several times.
- With the clutch pedal depressed, loosen the bleeder screw to let the fluid escape. Close the bleeder valve.
- Repeat bleeding until clean fluid with no air bubbles is seen.
- Properly bleed the brake system.
- Fill the reservoir to MAX with new fluid.
- Slowly pump the clutch pedal several times to verify that there are no fluid leaks.
- Check operation of the clutch and brake systems.