Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Move the charcoal canister out of the way. Disconnect and plug the hose from the brake fluid reservoir.
- Disconnect the hydraulic line at the master cylinder, using a tubing wrench.
- Working inside the vehicle, remove the upper master cylinder retaining nut. Remove the other nut from the engine compartment.
- Remove the clutch master cylinder.
- Remove all the old gasket material from the master cylinder and firewall and install a new gasket.
- Install the clutch master cylinder and tighten the mounting nuts to 14-19 ft. lbs. (19-26 Nm).
- Connect the hydraulic line and tighten the nut to 113-190 inch lbs. (13-21 Nm).
- Unplug and connect the hose to the brake fluid reservoir.
- Replace the charcoal canister.
- Bleed the air from the clutch hydraulic system, connect the negative battery cable and road test the vehicle.