Immediately plug any open fittings to keep moisture out of the system.
- Raise the front of the vehicle at least 12 inches and support it with safety stands.
- Discharge the refrigerant system.
- Remove the splash shield and air guide.
- Remove the electrical connection from the compressor.
- Remove the four bolts holding the compressor to the body.
Installation is the reverse of the removal.
NOTEApply clean compressor oil to the O-ring before connecting the fittings.
NOTEDo not apply compressor oil to the fitting nuts.
NOTEAdjust the belt tension to specifications.
NOTEThe compressor inlet and outlet tightening torque is 8.0 to 11 ft-lbs. (10-15 Nm)
NOTEThe compressor mounting bolt tightening torque is 11 to 15 ft-lbs. (15-21 Nm)