Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the exhaust pipe and muffler assembly.
- Mark the position of the driveshaft flange on the rear axle flange for assembly reference.
- Remove the driveshaft-to-flange bolts and nuts, and remove the driveshaft. Slide the driveshaft yoke from the transmission, being careful not to damage the oil seal. Install a suitable plug in the transmission to prevent fluid leakage.
- Remove the plug from the transmission rear housing. Slide the driveshaft yoke into the transmission, being careful not to bottom the yoke against the oil seal.
- Install the driveshaft on the axle flange, aligning the marks that were made during removal. Install the bolts and nuts. Tighten the nuts and bolts to 37-43 ft. lbs. (50-58 Nm).
- Install the exhaust pipe/muffler assembly with a new gasket. Tighten the pipe nuts to 28-38 ft. lbs. (38-51 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.