Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the retaining bolt, and remove the exhaust manifold insulator.
- Disconnect the oxygen sensor electrical connector. Remove the oxygen sensor.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the nuts from the exhaust pipe flange and disconnect the exhaust pipe from the manifold.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Remove the mounting nuts/bolts and remove the exhaust manifold.
- Make sure all gasket mating surfaces are clean prior to assembly.
- Use new gaskets and tighten the exhaust manifold nuts/bolts to the cylinder head. Torque to 29-33 ft. lbs. (39-46 Nm).
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Use a new gasket and tighten the exhaust pipe flange, to the exhaust manifold nuts, to 34 ft. lbs. (46 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle. Install the oxygen sensor, and connect the electrical connector.
- Install the exhaust manifold insulator, and tighten the mounting bolt to 70-95 inch lbs. (8-11 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.