Removal & Installation
- Remove some of the brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the lower lockbolt, and pivot the brake caliper upwards.
- Remove the brake pads and shim.
- Using Mazda tool 49-0221-600C and the old inner brake pad, push the caliper piston into the caliper bore.
- Install the brake pads and shims onto the caliper.
- Pivot the caliper into position. Install the lockbolt and tighten to 58-65 ft. lbs. (78-88 Nm).
- Install the wheels.
- Test the brakes for proper operation.