Removal & Installation
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the splash shield.
- Remove the two stabilizer nuts, and remove the upper bushing.
- Remove the stabilizer bolt, bushing and retainer.
Remove the stabilizer bar from the vehicle. Examine the insulators (bushings) carefully for any sign of wear and replace them if necessary.
NOTECheck the bushings inside the brackets for wear or deformation. A worn bushing can cause a distinct noise as the bar twists during cornering operation.
- Install stabilizer bar bushings in the correct position.
- Temporarily install stabilizer bar brackets.
- Install the bolt retainer and bushing.
- Install the splash shield.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Tighten the stabilizer bar brackets bolts to 14-19 ft. lbs. (18-26 Nm), and the control link mounting bolts to 27-39 ft. lbs. (37-53 Nm).
- Check front wheel alignment.