Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the undercover, and remove the band for the wheel speed sensor harness. Support the lower control arm with a jack.
- Remove the cotter pin and loosen the upper ball joint nut. Press the ball joint stud from the knuckle using press tool 49 0118 850C or equivalent. Remove the nut.
- Remove the lower strut mounting bolt.
- Remove the upper control arm bolt and nut, and remove the upper control arm.
- Install the upper control arm, and loosely tighten the bolt and nut.
- Loosely install the lower strut mounting bolt.
- Connect the ball joint to the knuckle, and tighten to 31-45 ft. lbs. (42-61 Nm). Install a new cotter pin.
- Install the band for the wheel speed sensor, and install the undercover.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly and lower the vehicle. When the vehicle is on the ground, tighten the upper control arm bolt and nut to 87-101 ft. lbs. (118-137 Nm), and the lower strut mounting bolt to 54-69 ft. lbs. (73-93 Nm).
- Check the front wheel alignment.