Mazda Miata 1990-1997
- Relieve the fuel system pressure and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. The fuel filter is located at the rear of the vehicle, next to the fuel tank.
- Remove the fuel filter cover.
- Disconnect and plug the fuel lines from the fuel filter.
- Remove the filter mounting bolts or nuts and remove the fuel filter.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Make sure the fuel filter is installed in the proper flow direction. Torque the fuel filter bracket mounting bolts to 70-95 inch lbs. (8-10 Nm).