Removal & Installation
Fuel injection systems remain under pressure after the engine has been turned OFF. Properly relieve fuel pressure before disconnecting any fuel lines. Failure to do so may result in fire or personal injury. Do not allow fuel spray or fuel vapors to come in contact with a spark or open flame. Keep a dry chemical fire extinguisher nearby. Never store fuel in an open container due to risk of fire or explosion.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors at the injectors.
- Remove the fuel injector harness from the fuel delivery pipe.
- Remove the delivery pipe bolt(s) and remove the delivery pipe with the injectors and the pressure regulator.
- Separate the injectors, grommets and the insulators from the delivery pipe assembly.
- Replace the fuel injector O-rings and apply a small amount of clean engine oil to the O-rings before installation.
- Replace the fuel injector insulator seals.
- Install the injectors to the delivery pipe and install the assembly to the engine. Tighten the delivery pipe bolt to 14-18 ft. lbs. (19-25 Nm).
- Install the injector harness to the fuel delivery pipe and connect the injector wiring.
- Connect the negative battery cable.