Disconnecting/connect the pinion shaft from/to the intermediate shaft with the wheels in the straight-ahead position, and don not turn the steering wheel while the steering gear is removed. If not done correctly, adjust the clockspring connector.
- Loosen the wheel lug nuts
- Jack up the front of the vehicle and support it with safety stands.
- Remove the wheels
- Remove the cotter pin (1)
- Remove the nut (2)
- Remove the tie rod end (3)
- Remove the bolt (4)
- Remove the pressure pipe (5). Before removing the pressure pipe, make marks for reference during installation.
- Remove the return hose (6)
- Remove the mounting bracket bolt (7)
- Remove the steering gear and linkage (8)
- Installation is the reverse of removal.