Mazda Miata 1990-1997
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the bolt located at the pump pulley.
- Remove the nut from the adjusting bracket.
- Remove the adjusting bolt from the pump bracket.
- Remove the belt.
- Disconnect the pressure switch.
- Remove the pressure hose bracket bolt.
- Disconnect and plug the hoses at the pump. Remove the O-rings.
- Support the pump, remove the mounting bolts and lift it out.
- Position the pump, install the mounting bolts and tighten them to 28-39 ft. lbs. (37-53 Nm).
- Connect the return hose. Connect the pressure hose using NEW O-rings. Tighten the fitting to 24-34 ft. lbs. (32-47 Nm). Tighten the bracket bolt to 14-18 ft. lbs. (19-25 Nm).
- Connect the pressure switch.
- Install the belt and adjusting bolt.
- Install the nuts on the adjusting bracket and the bolt at the pulley.
- Adjust the belt tension.
- Connect the battery.