Mazda Miata 1990-1997
- Check the fluid level. Add fluid, as required.
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Turn the steering wheel full cycle, in both directions, 5 times with the engine OFF .
- Recheck the fluid level again and add, as required.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until the fluid level stabilizes.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Start the engine and allow to warm up at idle. Turn the steering wheel full cycle, in both directions, 5 times with the engine running.
- Check that the fluid is not foamy and the level has not dropped.
- Add fluid, if necessary and repeat Steps 7 and 8.