Removal & Installation
- Remove some of the brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir.
- Remove the wheels.
- Remove the plug for the manual adjustment gear. Using an Allen wrench turn the gear counterclockwise to retract the caliper piston.
- Remove the lower caliper mounting bolt and pivot the caliper upward off of the pads.
- Remove the brake pads and spring clips from the caliper support.
- Install the brake pads, shims and spring clips to the caliper support. Pivot the caliper over the brake pads.
- Lubricate and install the lower caliper mounting bolt. Tighten the bolt to 25-29 ft. lbs. (34-39 Nm).
- Turn the manual adjusting gear clockwise until the piston contacts the brake disc, then turn it clockwise 1 / 3 turn. Replace the plug.
- Install the wheels.
- Test the brakes for proper operation.