Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle, and remove the rear wheels.
- Disconnect the stabilizer bar link, and the lower strut mounting bolt from the lower arm.
Remove the nuts, eccentric bolts, and the outer through-bolt. Remove the lower control arm. The bushings can be replaced separately.
WARNINGIf removing the upper control arm, either re-install the lower control arm or remove the brake caliper, halfshaft and hub carrier. Do not allow the carrier to be supported only by the halfshaft.
- Position the lower control arm, and loosely install the mounting bolts.
- Loosely install the lower strut mounting bolt.
- Connect the stabilizer bar link, and loosely tighten the nut and bolt.
- Install the rear wheels, and lower the vehicle.
- After the vehicle is lowered, torque the lower arm eccentric bolts to 54-70 ft. lbs. (73-95 Nm). Torque the lower arm outer through-bolt to 47-54 ft. lbs. (63-74 Nm). Tighten the strut bolt to 54-68 ft. lbs. (73-93 Nm), and the link bolt to 27-39 ft. lbs. (37-53 Nm).