Removal & Installation
- Raise and safely support the vehicle and remove the rear wheel(s).
- On the left side, remove the fuel filler pipe protector panel.
- Remove the bolt from the lower stabilizer bar connecting link.
- Loosen the upper arm and adjusting cam nuts.
- Remove the upper strut mount nuts and lower mount bolt.
- Lower the upper and lower arms to increase clearance. Lift the spring and strut out as an assembly.
To remove the coil spring from the strut assembly:
- Safely secure the assembly in a vice. Loosen the piston rod upper nut several turns, but do not remove it.
- Assembly special tools 49 G034 101, 102 and 103. Compress the coil spring using the tools.
- Remove the upper nut, and remove the coil spring.
- Install the coil spring on the strut assembly using the same special tools used to remove it. Tighten the upper nut in a vice with a final torque of 24-33 ft. lbs. (32-46 Nm).
- Install the strut assembly. Torque the upper mount nuts to 22-27 ft. lbs. (30-36 Nm) and the lower mount bolt to 54-69 ft. lbs. (73-93 Nm).
- Tighten the upper arm and adjusting cam nuts.
- Connect the control link to the stabilizer bar, and loosely install the mounting bolt.
- If removed, install the fuel filler pipe protector panel.
- Install the wheel(s), and lower the vehicle.
- Tighten the stabilizer link bolt to 27-40 ft. lbs. (37-54 Nm).
- Adjust the rear wheel alignment.