The G-sensors are used only on the AWD vehicles. The rear is mounted in the trunk under the floor mat while the front sensor is under the console assembly. The sensor transmits acceleration and deceleration information to the anti-lock control unit. This data is used in conjunction with individual wheel speed and engine data, allowing the controller to determine the approximate road friction. This friction factor is then used to compute the proper control of the solenoid valves.
Removal & Installation
- For the front sensor, remove the console assembly.
- For the rear sensor, remove the trunk floor mat.
- Disconnect the G-sensor wiring harness.
- Remove the cover from the rear sensor. Remove the sensor from the bracket. Remove the bracket if desired.
- Reinstall the bracket if it was removed.
- Install the G-sensor and connect the wiring harness. Tighten the retaining bolts to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).
- Install the cover on the rear G-sensor.
- Install the console and/or the trunk floor mat or carpet.