- The shifter cable adjustment is done at the neutral safety switch (inhibitor switch). Locate the switch on the transaxle and note the alignment holes in the arm and the body of the switch. Place the selector lever in N . Place the manual lever of the transaxle in the neutral position.
- Check alignment of the hole in the manual control lever to the hole in the inhibitor switch body. If the holes do not align, adjustment is required.
- To adjust, loosen the nut on the cable end and pull the cable end by hand until the alignment holes match. Tighten the nut. Check that the transaxle shifts and conforms to the positions of the selector lever.
Throttle Valve Linkage
The throttle valve adjustment applies only to the 1990-96 Mirage.
- Place selector lever and manual control lever in N position.
- Loosen adjusting nut. While lightly pulling on control cable tighten mounting nut to 7-10 ft. lbs. (10-14 Nm).
- When adjustment is complete, be sure selector lever is still in the N position. Verify all functions correspond to the position indicated on the selector lever.