Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
Depending on the reason for removing the distributor cap, it may make more sense to leave the spark plug wires attached. This is handy if you are testing spark plug wires, or if removal is necessary to access other components, and wire length allows you to reposition the cap out of the way.
- Label and disconnect the spark plug wires from the distributor cap.
- Remove the distributor cap retaining screws or clips and remove the cap from the distributor.
- Note its installed position, then remove the rotor from the distributor shaft.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal.