Ignition Coil Module
1.8L And 2.4L Engines
The power transistor (ignition module) is an integral part of the powertrain control module.3.0L DOHC Engine
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the intake manifold plenum (upper intake manifold). Refer to Section 3.
- Detach the electrical connectors for the transistor.
- Remove the retaining screws and remove the transistor from engine.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Remove the engine appearance cover.
- Disconnect the ignition coil electrical connectors.
- Remove the ignition coils.
- Install the ignition coils and tighten the mounting bolt to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Attach the ignition coil electrical connectors.
- Install the engine appearance cover and tighten the mounting bolt to 27 inch lbs. (3 Nm).