Removal & Installation
Except 2.0L Turbocharged Engine
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Release the retaining clips from the air cleaner housing.
- Loosen the clamp on the air outlet tube at the throttle body.
- Detach the breather hose from the air inlet tube.
- Unplug the MAF sensor connector.
- Separate the upper and lower air cleaner housings and remove the air outlet tube and upper housing from the lower housing.
- Remove the air cleaner element from the housing.
- Clean the inside of the air cleaner housing of any dirt and debris that has collected inside.
- Place a new air cleaner element inside the lower housing. Make sure the seal on the element is fully seated in the groove.
- Install the upper air cleaner housing and inlet tube onto the lower housing.
- Tighten the clamp on the inlet tube at the throttle body.
- Attach the breather hose onto the air inlet tube.
- Plug the connector into the MAF sensor.
- Attach the air cleaner housing retaining clips.
- Connect the negative battery cable.