Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the front bumper for access to the charge air cooler.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
Remove the relay box.
CAUTIONDo not allow any foreign matter to get into the hoses while they are disconnected.
- Disconnect the air bypass and air intake hoses from the air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect the air hose and turbocharger bypass valve from the charge air cooler air hose assembly.
- Detach the air hose from the charge air cooler.
Unfasten the duct from the charge air cooler.
- Remove the charge air cooler from the vehicle, detaching it from the remaining air hose.
- Inspect the charge air cooler fins for bends, damage or foreign matter and check the hoses for damage. Replace any necessary components.
- Position the charge air cooler in the vehicle.
Attach the duct work and hoses disconnected during removal.
NOTEWhen connecting the air hoses and pipes, align the paint marks on the hoses with the projections and indentations on the pipe.
- Installation of the remaining components is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Install the front bumper on the vehicle.
- The connect the negative battery cable, then start the engine and check for proper operation.