Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the undercover.
- Remove the cruise control pump and link assembly.
- Remove the alternator assembly.
- Raise and support the engine to take the weight off of the engine mount.
- Remove the air hose and the air pipe.
- Remove the power steering tensioner and drive belt.
- Remove the timing belt covers and the timing belt. Refer to the timing belt unit repair section.
- Remove the crankshaft sprocket.
- Pry out the crankshaft seal using a suitable tool.
- Using a driver tool, install the new crankshaft seal.
- Install the timing belt and the timing belt covers. Refer to the timing belt unit repair section.
- Install the crankshaft sprocket.
- Install the air hose and the air pipe.
- Install the alternator and the cruise control link and pump assembly.
- Install the undercover and the negative battery cable.