Removal & Installation
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure as outlined earlier in this section.
- Remove the vacuum hose from the fuel pressure regulator.
- Disconnect the fuel return hose from the pressure regulator.
- Remove the fuel regulator retainer bolts or remove the retaining snapring, then remove the fuel regulator from the fuel rail.
- Replace the O-ring on fuel pressure regulator with a new one and coat it lightly with clean, thin oil.
- Insert the regulator straight into the rail, then check that it can be rotated freely.
- When properly installed, align the mounting holes. If equipped, install and tighten the retaining bolts to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm). If equipped, install the regulator retaining snapring.
- Connect the fuel return hose to the pressure regulator.
- Install the vacuum hose to the fuel pressure regulator.
- Connect the negative battery cable and pressurize the fuel system. Inspect for leaks.