Removal & Installation
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped with manual windows, insert a shop towel behind the window regulator handle and push the retainer clip outward. Once the clip is removed, remove the window glass regulator handle and escutcheon.
- If equipped with power windows/locks, remove the escutcheon panel (control panel) and detach the electrical connectors.
- If equipped, remove the door grip/pull handle mounting screws and the grip from the door panel.
- Remove the door pull handle cover. Remove the pull handle, if equipped.
- Remove the door trim panel retaining screws.
- Pull the door panel gently from the door. The panel is retained by spring clips. To separate the clips from the door, slide a small prytool behind the clip and carefully pull the clip, with the door panel, outward. Try not to bend the door panel or damage may occur.
- Once all retainer clips are separated, remove the door panel assembly.
- Carefully remove any retainer clips that remained in the door during panel removal. If damaged, replace the retainer clips.
- If necessary, remove the waterproof film from the door.
- If removed, install the waterproof film from the door.
- Install and missing or damaged retainer clips into the door panel.
- Install the door panel onto the vehicle. Push retainers into the holes in the door until they lock into position. If any clips do not lock, replace with new ones.
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal.