- Disconnect the shift linkage from the transaxle.
- On the transaxle, put select lever in N and move the shift lever in 4th gear. Depress the clutch, if necessary, to shift.
- Move the shift lever in the vehicle to the 4th gear position until it contacts the stop.
- Turn the adjuster turnbuckle so the shift cable eye aligns with the eye in the gear shift lever. When installing the cable eye, make sure the flange side of the plastic bushing at the shift cable end is on the cotter pin side.
- The cables should be adjusted so the clearance between the shift lever and the 2 stoppers are equal when the shift lever is moved to 3rd and 4th gear. Move the shift lever to each position and check that the shifting is smooth.