Removal & Installation
- Raise the vehicle and support safely.
- Drain the differential gear oil and remove the center exhaust pipe.
- Matchmark and remove the rear driveshaft.
- Remove the rear halfshafts.
- Remove the center exhaust pipe and muffler assembly, as required.
- Remove or disconnect the 4 wheel steering oil pump.
- The large mounting bolts that hold the differential carrier support plate to the underbody may use self-locking nuts. Before removing them, support the rear axle assembly in the middle with a transaxle jack. Remove the nuts, then remove the support plate(s) and the square dynamic damper from the rear of the carrier.
- Lower the differential carrier and remove from the vehicle.
- Raise the rear differential carrier into position and install support member bolts. Install new locknuts on all support bolts.
- Install the 4 wheel steering oil pump.
- Install new circlips on both rear driveshafts and install.
- Install the propeller shaft.
- Install the center exhaust pipe and muffler.
- Lower the vehicle.
- With the vehicle level, fill the rear differential.