- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the engine under cover.
- Drain the engine coolant.
- Remove the timing belt tension adjuster.
- Remove the alternator brace.
- Remove the water pump retaining bolts.
- Remove the water pump from the engine. Discard the water pump gasket and O-ring.
Install or connect the following:
New O-ring on the water inlet pipe. Coat the O-ring with water or coolant. Do not allow oil or other grease to contact the O-ring.
- Continue the installation in the reverse order of the removal procedure.
Fill the engine with the proper grade and type engine coolant. Start the engine and check for leaks.