REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Siphon the brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir and place in a suitable container.
- For 1995-98 2.0L turbo and 2.4L engines, remove the cruise control link assembly mounting bolts.
- For 1995-98 2.0L non-turbo engines, remove the intake manifold, as outlined in Engine & Engine Overhaul of this repair guide.
- Label and disconnect the brake lines from the proportioning valve. Cap the lines to avoid getting any contaminants in the system.
- Remove the proportioning valve mounting bolt, then remove the valve from the engine compartment.
Do not disassemble the proportioning valve because its performance depends on the set load of the spring inside the valve. If defective, replace the proportioning valve.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the flared brake line nuts to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Once the valve is installed, bleed the brake system.