REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Remove the master cylinder reservoir cap, then remove as much fluid as possible with a clean syringe.
- You may want to unfasten the relay bracket for access to the master cylinder assembly.
- Loosen the clutch fluid line at the master cylinder and allow any remaining fluid to drain into a suitable container. Use care; brake fluid damages paint. Once the line is disconnected, plug it to avoid getting any contamination in the system.
- Remove the clevis pin retainer from the clutch pedal and remove the washer and clevis pin.
- Unfasten the retaining nuts, then pull the cylinder from the firewall. A seal should be between the mounting flange and firewall. This seal should be replaced.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Lubricate all pivot points with grease.
- Bleed the system at the slave cylinder using fresh DOT 3 brake fluid and check the adjustment of the clutch pedal.