REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove necessary underhood components in order to gain access to the clutch release cylinder.
- Disconnect the hydraulic line from the slave cylinder and allow the system to drain into a suitable container.
- Unfasten the retaining bolts and pull the cylinder from the transaxle housing.
- The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Lubricate all pivot points with grease.
- Fill the system with clean brake fluid meeting DOT 3 specifications.
- Bleed the system and adjust the clutch pedal height and the clevis pin play.
HYDRAULIC CLUTCH SYSTEM BLEEDING
See Figures 7 and 8
Do not allow the reservoir to run out of fluid during bleeding.
- Fill the reservoir with clean brake fluid meeting DOT 3 specifications.
- Attach a hose to the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder with the other end of the hose submerged in a container at least half fill of fresh DOT 3 brake fluid from a sealed container.
- Press the clutch pedal to the floor, then loosen the bleed screw on the slave cylinder.
- Tighten the bleed screw and release the clutch pedal.
- Repeat the procedure until the fluid is free of air bubbles.