REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Place mating marks on the companion flange and the Lobro joint assembly.
- Remove the Lobro joint installation bolts. Separate the Lobro joint from the companion flange.
- Place mating marks on the center yoke and center propeller shaft, and the companion flange and the rear propeller shaft.
- Remove the self-locking nuts. Remove the center yoke and companion flange.
- Place mating marks on the center bearing assembly front bracket and the center propeller shaft, and the center bearing assembly rear bracket and the rear propeller shaft. Remove the center bearing bracket.
The mounting rubber can not be removed from the center bearing bracket.
- Pull out the front and rear center bearings with a commercially available puller.
- Apply multi-purpose grease to the center bearing front and rear grease grooves and to the dust seal lip. Be sure to fit the bearing into the rubber mount groove on the center bearing bracket.
Face the bearing dust seal to the side of the center bearing bracket mating mark.
- Assemble the center bearing to the center propeller shaft and rear propeller shaft. Face the side onto which the center bearing bracket mating marks is placed and the dust seal is installed toward the side of the center propeller shaft and rear propeller shaft.
- Apply a thin and even coat of the grease, enclosed with the repair kit, to the rubber packing on the companion flange. Align the mating marks on the center propeller shaft and the companion flange, then press fit the center bearing with self-locking nuts.
- Install the Lobro joint assembly installation bolts. Secure the companion flange and Lobro joint assembly with the installation bolts. Check for grease leakage from the Lobro joint boot and companion flange installation parts.