REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Pull the drum from the hub and bearing assembly.
- If the drum is difficult to remove, thread bolts into the drum to remove it from the hub and bearing.
- Once the drum is removed, inspect for damage and/or wear and replace or refinish as necessary.
- Position the brake drum over the hub and bearing assembly.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly, then carefully lower the vehicle.
See Figure 3
- With the brake drum removed from the vehicle, measure the inside diameter of the hub and drum at two or more locations.
- The service limit specification is 9.1 in. (231mm).
- Replace the brake drums and shoe and lining assemblies when the wear exceeds the limit or is badly out of balance.