REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 9
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the cooling system into a suitable container.
- Detach the overflow tube. Some vehicles may also require removal of the overflow tank.
- Disconnect upper and lower radiator hoses. Matchmark the upper radiator hose to assure installation in the proper orientation.
- Tag and detach the electrical connectors for cooling fan and air conditioning condenser fan, if equipped. Remove the fan assembly from the engine compartment.
- Disconnect the thermo sensor wires.
- If equipped with an automatic transaxle, detach and plug the automatic transaxle cooler lines.
- Remove the upper radiator mounts and lift out the radiator assembly.
- Service the lower mounts, as required.
- Install the radiator and fan assembly, if removed, as an assembly.
- Attach the automatic transaxle cooler lines, if disconnected.
- Connect the thermo wires.
- Install the fan, if removed separately.
- Install the radiator hoses. Make sure to position the upper radiator hose so the matchmarks made during disassembly are in proper alignment.
- Install the overflow tube and reservoir, if removed.
- Fill the system with coolant.
- Connect the negative battery cable, run the vehicle until the thermostat opens, fill the radiator completely and check the automatic transaxle fluid level, if equipped.
- Once the vehicle has cooled, recheck the coolant level.