REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Open the hood completely.
- Protect the cowl panel and hood from scratches during this operation. Apply protection tape or cover body surfaces before starting work.
- Scribe a mark showing the location of each hinge on the hood to aid in alignment during installation.
- Have an assistant help hold the hood while you remove the hood-to-hinge bolts. Use care not to damage hood or vehicle during hood removal.
- Disconnect the connection for the washer tubes and nozzles. Lift the hood off of the vehicle.
- Position the hood on hinges and align with the scribe marks made during removal.
- Install and tighten the mounting bolts with enough torque to hold hood in place.
- Close the hood slowly to check for proper alignment. Do not slam the hood closed, alignment is normally required.
- Open the hood and adjust so that all clearances are the same and the hood panel is flush with the body.
- After all adjustments are complete, torque hood-to-hinge bolts to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm) torque.
See Figure 4
- To adjust the hood in a forward or rearward and left or right directions, loosen the hood mounting bolts and position so the clearance is uniform on all sides.
- To adjust the front edges of the hood in a vertical direction, turn the hood bumper cushions as required.
- To adjust the hood lock, remove the retainer clips and the front fascia bracket. Loosen the hood latch attaching bolts slightly. Move the hood latch assembly to adjust the attachment between the hood and latch assembly.