REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Open the tailgate completely.
- Remove the inner liftgate trim panels and water deflector.
- If equipped, remove the liftgate gas spring.
- On models equipped with electrical options in the tailgate, disconnect the wiring harness connectors and pull the wiring from the liftgate.
- Disconnect the rear washer tube at the liftgate.
- Scribe hinge location marks on the liftgate to aid in installation.
- Safely support the liftgate. Disconnect the liftgate stopper from the tailgate and position out of the way. Disconnect the rear defroster connector, if equipped.
- Remove the liftgate-to-hinge bolts and remove the tailgate from the vehicle.
- Position the liftgate on the vehicle and align the hinge scribe marks.
- Install the liftgate-to-hinge bolts and tighten to 8-10 ft. lbs. (12-14 Nm).
- Install the liftgate stopper and tighten mounting bolt, if removed.
- Install and reconnect the electrical harness to all connectors at the liftgate.
- Install all interior trim panels removed.
- Close the liftgate slowly to check for proper alignment. Adjust liftgate positioning, if necessary.
See Figures 3 and 4
To adjust the door in forward/rearward and left/right directions, loosen the hinge bolts and position the tailgate as required.
To adjust the tailgate lock striker, loosen the mounting bolts and using a plastic hammer, tap the striker to the desired position. Removing of the lower trim panel is normally required to access the striker.