REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unfasten the self-locking nut from inside the engine compartment.
- Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle securely on jackstands.
- Separate the upper ball joint and steering knuckle connection, using a suitable puller (MB991113 or equivalent) to loosen the tie rod end mounting nut. Only loosen the nut, do NOT remove it. Its also a good idea to support the puller with a piece of cord to prevent it from flying off.
- If not already done, remove the upper control arm self-locking nut, then remove the upper control arm from the vehicle.
- If necessary, remove the retainers, then remove the upper arm shaft assemblies.
- Install the upper control arm shaft at the angle shown in the accompanying figure. If the shaft is installed at the proper angle, then reference dimension is determined as shown in the accompanying figure.
- The remainder of installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Tighten the retainers to the specification shown in the accompanying figure.