REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 10
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. If equipped with SRS, wrap the cable in insulated tape, then wait at least 60 seconds before continuing to allow the SRS system time to disable.
If equipped with SRS, be careful not to let the console bump against the SRS-ECU during removal and installation.
- If necessary, remove the center console trim panel.
- Remove the screw plugs in the side covers. Remove the retainer screws and the side covers from the vehicle.
- Remove the front mounting screw cover from the floor console.
- Remove the ashtray and cup holder assemblies. If equipped, remove the carpet inserts from the floor console assembly.
- If equipped, remove the manual transaxle shift lever knob.
- Label and detach the electrical wire harness connections for the floor console.
- Remove the mounting bolts/screws and the floor console from the vehicle. Disassemble components as required.
- Install the floor console in position in the vehicle and secure with the retaining bolts/screws.
- Attach the electrical harness connectors to the vehicle body harness, as tagged during removal.
- Install the carpet and the cup holder/ashtray assembly to the console assembly.
- Install the side covers and retainers. Cover retainer screws with plugs.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check console electrical components for proper operation.