REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 11
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Insert a shop towel behind the window regulator handle and push the retainer clip outward. Once the clip is removed, remove the window glass regulator handle and escutcheon.
- Remove the door grip/pull handle mounting screws and the grip from the door panel.
- Remove the door pull handle cover. Remove the pull handle, if equipped.
- For 1990-94 vehicles, if equipped with door mounted speakers, remove the speaker covers and the speakers from the door assembly.
- If equipped, unfasten the door trim panel retaining screws.
- Pull the door panel gently from the door. The panel is retained by spring clips. To separate the clips from the door, slide a small prying tool behind the clip and carefully pull the clip, with the door panel, outward. Try not to bend the door panel or damage may occur.
- Once all retainer clips are removed from the door, remove the door panel assembly. If equipped with power windows or mirrors, remember to detach the electrical connector from the switch prior to removal.
- Carefully remove any retainer clips that remained in the door during panel removal. If damaged, replace the retainer clips.
- If necessary, on 1995-98 vehicles, remove the door speaker and speaker cover.
- At this time, you can remove the waterproof film from the door.
- If removed, install the waterproof film from the door.
- On 1995-98 vehicles, if removed, install the speaker assemblies. Don't forget to connect the wiring.
- Install and missing or damaged retainer clips into the door panel. Attach the electrical harness connector to the electric switches on the door panel and install the door panel onto the vehicle. Push retainers into the holes in the door until they lock into position. If any clips do not lock, replace with new ones.
- Install the door grip onto the door panel.
- On 1990-94 vehicles, install the door speakers to the door panel making sure to attach harness connectors prior to installation. Install the speaker covers.
- Install the escutcheon and clip to the regulator handle, close the window glass fully, then install the handle so it is in the position shown in the accompanying figure.
- Connect the negative battery cable.