See Figure 1
Remove the inner rear view mirror by loosening the set screw on the mirror stem and lifting mirror off of the base, which is glued onto the windshield. On the Eclipse Spyder, you will also have to detach a connector. The installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. If the mirror base falls off of the windshield it can be installed as follows:
- Scrape the base mounting area with a razor blade to remove the old adhesive.
- Thoroughly clean the base mounting area with glass cleaner.
- Obtain a mirror adhesive kit. Apply the cleaning compound to the windshield in the area that the base is to be mounted. Allow to dry.
- Apply the adhesive to both the base plate and the windshield. Install the base to the glass. Hold in position until the adhesive has a chance to set. Make sure the correct side of the base is installed against the glass.
- Allow around 24 hours for the adhesive to dry completely before installing the mirror to the base plate. This will assure proper adhesion.