REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Raise the vehicle and support safely.
- Remove the bolts that attach the rear halfshaft to the companion flange.
- Use a prybar to pry the inner shaft out of the differential case. Don't insert the prybar too far or the seal could be damaged.
- Remove the rear driveshaft from the vehicle.
- If necessary, carefully pry the oil seal from the rear differential using a flat tipped prying tool.
- Install a new oil seal into the rear differential housing using proper size driver.
- Replace the circlip and install the rear driveshaft to the differential case. Make sure it snaps in place.
- Install the companion flange bolts and tighten to 40-47 ft. lbs. (55-65 Nm).
- Check the fluid level in the rear differential.