REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Place a jack under the rear axle and suspension assembly.
- Remove the self-locking nuts and crossmember bracket.
- Remove the retainer bolts and the stabilizer bar brackets. Remove the bushing.
- Hold the stabilizer bar with a wrench. Remove the self-locking nut.
- Once the stabilizer bar nut is removed, remove the joint cups and stabilizer rubber bushing.
- Hold the stabilizer link with a wrench and remove the self-locking nuts. Remove the stabilizer link.
- Lower the jack supporting the rear axle slightly. Maintain a slight gap between the rear suspension and the body of the vehicle.
- Remove the stabilizer bar.
- Inspect the bar for damage, wear and deterioration and replace as required.
- Install the stabilizer bar into the vehicle. Raise the rear axle and suspension into place.
- Install the stabilizer link into the stabilizer bar and install a new self-locking nut. Tighten the nut to 33 ft. lbs. (45 Nm).
- Install the joint cups and stabilizer rubber to the link. Install a new self-locking nut onto the link. While holding the stabilizer link ball studs with a wrench, tighten the self-locking nut so the protrusion of the stabilizer link is within 0.354-0.433 in. (9-11mm).
- Install the center stabilizer bar bushings, brackets and bolts. Tighten the bolts to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Install the parking brake cable and rear speed sensor installation bolt.
- Install the crossmember bracket and tighten the bolt to 61 ft. lbs. (85 Nm). Tighten the crossmember bracket mounting nut to 94 ft. lbs. (130 Nm).
- Install the rubber insulators and new self-locking nuts onto the crossmember brackets. Tighten the nuts to 80-94 ft. lbs. (110-130 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle.
See Figure 2
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the rear wheels.
- If equipped with lower control arm covers, remove them.
- Remove the stabilizer link mounting nuts and remove the link.
- Remove the bolts securing the stabilizer bar brackets.
- Remove the stabilizer bar from the vehicle.
- Install the stabilizer bar so the identification mark is on the left and install the bushing and brackets. Tighten the mounting bolts to 7-10 ft. lbs. (9-14 Nm).
- Install the stabilizer links and torque the nuts to 28 ft. lbs. (39 Nm).
- Install the lower control arm cover if removed.
- Install the wheels and lower the vehicle to the floor.