REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Raise and safely support vehicle. Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Support the rear lower control arm. Remove the brake line clamp bolt.
- Remove the nut and separate the upper ball joint from the rear trailing arm/steering knuckle.
- Matchmark the eccentric on the upper installation bolt and remove from the control arm.
- Remove the upper arm from the vehicle.
- Install the arm to the vehicle and install the upper arm installation bolt. Align the matchmarks and tighten the nut snugly only.
- Install the upper arm ball joint to the rear spindle assembly and install new nut. Tighten to 52 ft. lbs. (72 Nm) torque.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Lower the vehicle until the suspension supports its weight. Tighten the upper arm installation bolt to 116 ft. lbs. (160 Nm).
- Check the rear wheel alignment.
See Figure 2
- Raise and safely support the vehicle, then remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the through-bolt securing the upper arm to the knuckle.
- Unfasten the four bolts securing the upper arm to the vehicle.
- Remove the upper control arm assembly.
- Remove the through-bolts and nuts and remove the upper arm to body brackets.
- Install the upper arm to body brackets to the upper arm. Tighten the bolts and nuts to 41 ft. lbs. (57 Nm).
- Install the upper arm to the vehicle and tighten the four bolts to 28 ft. lbs. (39 Nm).
- Install the through-bolt securing the upper arm to the knuckle and secure hand-tight. Do not final tighten the nut until the vehicle is on the floor at normal riding height.
- Install the wheel and tire assembly.
- Carefully lower the vehicle to the floor, then tighten the nut for the through-bolt to 71 ft. lbs. (98 Nm).
- Have the wheel alignment checked and adjusted if necessary.